It goes without saying that writing of a dissertation is the most challenging and responsible academic assignment for students. There are many things to consider and lots of requirements to fulfill. A student should choose a relevant topic, follow a definite format, choose the correct language and other necessities. You may find numerous books, guides, online journals, and other Internet resources, which give helpful recommendations on how to craft a proper dissertation.
However, while conducting the search dissertations you should pay special attention to the common mistakes. There are some typical mistakes students make while writing a dissertation. We believe that this is one of the keys to success. One may say “Know your enemy”. In other words, knowing the possible problems, you will be able to avoid them.
These are the mistakes students often commit in a dissertation:
- Wrong topic. This is a widely spread mistake of millions of students throughout the world. It can be referred to any piece of writing. Your topic should not be boring and devoted to unresolvable or unimportant themes. It should be specific and relevant.
- Wrong title. A title sets the mood and shows the relevance of the project. Make sure you write it in accordance with the official demands.
- Answering the wrong question. Never dance around the main purpose. Many students go astray and never answer what is expected. You should be straight to the point. Always check whether you have fully answered the main question of your research.
- Too complicated language. Mind that you should be plain in your reasoning. The wrong choice of the language is crucial, and you may spoil the general impression of the committee. Don’t use too complex terms. Speak with plain words, which clarify your objectives.
- Irrelevant research. Make sure your research makes the difference. It’s supposed to cover some important problems and give effective ways to solve them.
- Unbalanced chapter length. Oftentimes, students forget about the word limit. There are definite measures, which you should never overlook. Make sure that you know the length of your dissertation.
- Wrong format. Many students forget about the importance of the format. You will be assigned a definite style, which you should obligatorily follow.
- Inappropriate references. Another pitfall is an incorrect completion of the reference list. You should follow the assigned format, which includes the proper composing of references.
- No proofreading. Many students skip the process of proofreading. As the result, they don’t spot horrible structural and grammar errors.
Of course, there may be some other mistakes. For instance, you may start to write the dissertation too late or will not be able to maintain the necessary focus. However, they cannot be called the academic problems.
Keep in mind the stated-above points. They are really essential. Knowing them, you are more likely to avoid them. Thus, your chances of success increase. Be reasonable and craft only the best dissertations using smart and helpful recommendations.