Architecture can be a super cool topic. You probably are already aware of this since if you’re reading, you’re most likely pursuing a degree in this particular field! When it comes to writing a thesis, however, it is easy to get stuck or overwhelmed while choosing exactly what you want to write about.
That is why we have mentioned some awesome ideas to help lead you in creating a great architectural thesis. These should inspire and encourage you to complete the best paper of your academic career!
Urban planning can be a really fun topic! Instead of your typical questions within this idea, here are some more interesting questions to cover in your thesis.
- What are the best uses of public spaces?
- How does citizen behavior affect urban planning and renewal?
- What is the best way to get funds for your architectural idea?
- How can we redesign slums to make them more sustainable without relocating?
- How can we design a more efficient spaceship for astronauts?
- How can we design tiny houses that feel spacious?
- How is architecture used to create better living?
- How is architecture used to create better business practices?
- What are the best ways to increase airport efficiency using architecture?
- Is there a way to coexist with nature or water, but still have human luxuries?
- Should “ghost” or “dead” cities become experiments for architecture students?
- What is the importance of reviving historical buildings?
- How can we properly restore heritage sites and keep original architecture in mind?
- How can we use architecture to tackle social issues?
Environmental issues and “going green” are always hot topics and generally well-received.
- What is the best way to reduce the carbon footprint when considering design?
- How can we live in “living buildings”?
- Why should architects focus on going green?
- Why shouldn’t architects focus on going green?
- How do different renewable and nonrenewable energies affect the architecture of a place?
- How can we use architecture to tackle environmental problems?
- What is the difference between landscape architecture and building architecture?
- How does an area’s weather influence architectural structure?
- What should architects consider when designing for areas of each potential natural disaster?
- In what ways can architecture help animals or create new environments?
There are many more historical questions with regards to architecture, so don’t limit yourself to these if it’s an area of study you are interested in. Consider specific time periods and styles.
- How have architectural technologies changed over the course of history?
- What is the relationship between architecture and war?
- How did the Gothic style influence different cultures in different parts of the world?
- What types of architectural styles do we still use today?
By now, you are probably beginning to get a better idea as to what you want to focus your dissertation on. There are a lot of things to choose from! Feel free to use any of these questions for your paper, or add your own personal twist!